Saturday, July 25, 2009

Eating my words

I try to be careful not to say "I will never..." but this is one instance where it has come back to bite me: TV. I read up on all the studies before Hudson was born and decided not to introduce TV until he was 2 years old. Hahahahahahaha!


Now that I live in the REAL world, I'm eating those words! It gets absolutely too quiet sitting all day in the house with no background noise. I have learned that Hudson loves music. He is absolutely mesmerized by the Backyardigans theme song and will stop whatever he's doing to watch and laugh. When it's over, he goes back to whatever he was doing before. As a last resort, I'll turn it on just to calm him. I try not to overuse this, as I really don't have anything else in my bag of tricks! My mom reminds me consistently that I once said I would never do this. Oh well, its only one little thing, and if it makes our lives easier....... Too bad I won't be getting mom of the year now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big TV fan either but my motto is "whatever works".

    ReplyDelete