Friday, July 3, 2009

Bad Day

I got a call today from my mom that my grandad had a heart attack. My uncle found him in the yard where he had been mowing grass. It is uncertain how long his body was deprived of oxygen- somewhere between 5 and 20 min. At that time information was sketchy, but the doctors at Cartersville thought it was serious enough to send him to Redmond. He has had to be revived several times. Right now, he is in a coma and on a respirator to help keep his breathing steady. He has been a cardio patient for many years, and I'm afraid his hear has worn out. Right now he is still in critical condition, and they will not even reassess for 24 hours. He was not expected to last this long, so things are not nearly as bad as they could be. Please keep our family in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that stinks. I hope he can get better and if not then may he not suffer. I'll be thinking of you guys. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete