Wednesday, July 1, 2009

7 months

I am feeling nostalgic today, which is unlike me. Hudson is 7 months old! How did time pass so quickly? I can't even remember his first month clearly. Maybe it's the fact that I'm struggling this week with the work/ baby ratio. maybe it's that he crawled for the first time today....at his grandparents' house. I heard a song yesterday about kids getting older- something about "This won't last forever," and I just welled up. Time is so fleeting! I usually enjoy each day for it's own value. Most days I am happy that it was more fun than the previous one. Some days I'm just happy that it's over and we get a fresh start tomorrow. Right now I want to be greedy, clutching at each expression and stage and holding it close because I realize it will be gone soon.

Here's a picture of Hudson in his car seat today.

This is him in his seat on the way home from the hospital. We've come a long way in the last 7 months, and I can honestly say this has been the best part of my life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment