Sunday, July 5, 2009

Death Stinks

Well, my grandad passed away last night. It was a difficult decision for my mom and her brother. At the last minute, my uncle asked for one more EEG, just to make sure. It took a long time with it being a holiday, but I'm glad they did it because it showed without a doubt that there was zero brain activity. Now mom and David can know they made the right decision. Today I went to the funeral home with them to make arrangements which I've never had to do. You would not believe the things they wanted to know for the death certificate. Things like the correct spelling of my great- grandparents names and dates that were totally irrelevant. I told mom that if they can get a death certificate for a John Doe then they can get one for us even without all that useless info! It really stressed her out that she didn't know some of this stuff. For the most part, everyone is doing well, but it will be a rough couple of days. Please keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Mylinda, I'm so sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever y'all need, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that stinks. If I can do anything to help just hollar. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete