Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

Today as we reflect on 9/11, I wanted to post a tribute to all the men and women who lost their lives and had their families ripped apart 8 years ago. Has it really been that long? I still struggle with the things that happened on that day and the way they shaped our nation. I want to watch the documentaries that are on TV, but it's still too fresh for me. I HATE that my son has to grow up in a world like this. He will never have the carefree childhood that I had. He will always live in a world where we have daily terror alerts. We will have to explain to him why people hate us as Americans and don't believe in our God, and, as a result, want to harm or kill us. How do you explain something that you don't understand yourself? My heart goes out to all the people affected by the events 8 years ago, and to all the military and missionary families still struggling through the aftermath. God Bless America!

1 comment:

  1. Mylinda Thank you so much for your remerbrance of 9/11. You put into words what a lot of us thought. Thanks again, Love ya, Pam Oh yeah for give my spelling.

    ReplyDelete